Different buildings use different levels of energy level in each life cycle stage. Almost half of all resources that cannot be renewed, such as water, energy, and raw materials, are used in construction. Construction has the main effect on the environment in its consumption of energy. Energy-efficient in a house is the extent to which the consumption of energy per square meter of the building's floor area measures up to established energy consumption situated for the specific type of a house under the defined climatic conditions. Energy-efficient homes have many benefits; lower energy costs being the main one. Energy-efficient dwellings are designed to reduce the amount of energy used while maintaining or enhancing the building's quality of services.
With the fast growth of the economy and the most known nations globally, Vietnam experiences a lot of complications of its resources and environment. Vietnam offers a paradigmatic test case for environmental sustainability in the twenty-first century. The chance to make an energy-efficient experimental house in baoxi for Longquan International Bamboo Commune in the environment of the new policies good development of Vietnam is very recent and essential other than challenging and interesting. Some of the issues considered before making an energy-efficient bamboo house were:
· Groundwater cooling, underground water is a very unique element found on site. Easily use underground water to design a cooling system and use toilets where they cannot accept non-drinking water.
· Feng Shui learns and uses the most critical idea of the antique Vietnamese tradition to the house design.
· Modularity and industrialization, to design modular elements to create an innovative industrialized bamboo construction system.
Bamboo is structuralized so that it absorbs the most carbon dioxide during its life cycle; it is ready to be utilized for construction in almost three years and grows much quickly compared to other different types of trees. China is seen as a predominant source of carbon dioxide, the primary global warming emission. The bamboo function in this situation is very current since the site is the forest sea of Zhejiang; therefore, bamboo is a natural resource of BaoxiLongquan. Before constructing an efficient bamboo house, there was an exploration of new ways of building using bamboo as a construction material. Sustainability not only entails the use of natural resources such as bamboo but also entails designing appropriate construction solutions. Therefore, sustainability was approached by;
· Making dry-mounted connections makes bamboo weak through perforating or occupying it with concrete; this also allows the replacement of bamboo poles if required.
· Making the aluminum connections in a light and easy manner to assemble so that the construction can be performed with the local workers.
· Using a bamboo pole with the same length to get standardization and the best quality control.
· Mixing bamboo vegetable steel, and steel to design and industrialized construction system.
· Using a specific geometry to the standardization of the pieces, best quality control, and harmonic visual impact.
Beginning from Bagua, there is an organization of the houses for the houses to offer the best orientation for enhancing life through receiving positive energy. Nine squares made the areas of every floor in the place. The patio is a critical area where the energy flows and fills in the house with it. Most of the time, the spaces are open plan with the little division walls to offer positive energy to circulate freely. Positive energy must get in slowly and move around the house and later come out after offering benefits to every part of the house.
Energy-efficient bamboo houses are designed on a modular grid, nine squares as suggested by Feng Shui. Every piece of the house will be modular as much as possible, envisioning an industrialized production. The challenge came about during the innovation of bamboo construction.
It is fascinating and offers sustainable solutions when using underground water for the energy-efficient bamboo house. You use a geothermal heat pump that cools and heats the house as well. This is more efficient compared to the other standard cooling and heating systems. The system depends on natural phenomena, thus resulting in substantial savings. Through digging into the ground, the temperature will always be stable no matter the season and the weather above the ground.
The materials and colors used for the energy-efficient bamboo house are;
1. Sun and wind as intangible natural materials.
2. Water used for cooling.
3. Terracotta clay for roofing.
4. Bamboo and aluminum joints are used for the main structure and interior finishing.
5. Use the rammed earth walls to construct the ground floor that holds the technical room and landscape walls.
6. Chinese clay tiles grey in color for exterior walls.
7. The plants are used for the terrace and the garden.
Researchers discovered the flow of heat across bamboo cell walls through the advanced scanning thermal microscopy that has offered a new understanding of how variations in thermal conductivity are connected to the bamboo houses. The use of bamboo could direct the development of more energy-efficient building materials in the days to come. The use of bamboo as a building material will minimize the emission, unlike the traditional building materials. This will help keep carbon out of the atmosphere by diverting timber from being used as a source of fuel. The energy-efficient bamboo house has several benefits such as;
· There is reduced energy used for space heating and cooling.
· There is reduced electricity used for lighting.
· Lower maintenances needed.
· It offers improved comfort.
· It enhances the value of the property.
An energy-efficient bamboo house is designed to have few footprints. It may set a precedent for future sustainability design. The house is made to have a tiny environmental footprint and may offer more environmentally conscious building ideas. Energy-efficient bamboo houses are constructed using local materials, and this contributes a lot to make to have impressive energy-saving characteristics.